MANILA - Former Laguna Governor Emilio Ramon "ER" Ejercito can no longer return to the post he won in 2013.
The Supreme Court today affirmed an earlier decision disqualifying Ejercito for campaign overspending.
"In the matter of... Emilio Ramon 'E.R.' P. Ejercito v. Commission on Elections and Edgar San Luis) the Court denied the motion for reconsideration filed by petitioner Ejercito of its decision dated November 25, 2015 on the ground that the basic issues raised in the motion for reconsideration had already been passed upon and that no substantial new arguments had been raised to merit a consideration," the SC said in junking Ejercito’s motion for reconsideration.
Ejercito, who is making himself busy in the movie industry these days, had asked the high court to nullify the Commission on Election’s decision ousting him.
The Comelec said Ejercito spent up to P23,563,365.28 for his campaign. He is only authorized to spend P4,576,566 or P3 for every registered voter in the province.