MANILA, Philippines -- New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries is the most disliked player in the National Basketball Association (NBA), according to a report from Forbes.com.
Humphries, a role player for the Nets, became the most disliked NBA player after several months of controversy involving his courtship, wedding and divorce with reality star Kim Kardashian.
Kardashian and Humphries married in an elaborate ceremony but divorced 72 days later.
"He (Humphries) has been on five magazine covers, all in a negative light," said Nielsen Sports vice-president Stephen Master. "It's all so recent; he's gotten all this publicity for something other than basketball talent."
Some of the other players in the Forbes Top 10 lists also endured controversy during the past year.
LeBron James, 2nd on the list, turned off many NBA fans after his "Decision" to ditch his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers and play with fellow All-Stars Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade in Miami.
Both Bosh (number 6) and Wade (number 9) made the list as well, despite not being involved in major scandals.
At number 4 is San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker, who divorced television star Eva Longoria last year.
Capping the list of at number 10 is Lamar Odom, who now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Odom was not involved in any notable scandal this past year, but is married to Khloe Kardashian, Kim's sister. Odom and his wife star in their own reality show.
Forbes' list of the most disliked NBA players was compiled based on the latest surveys done by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research. Only players who registered at least a 10% awareness level with the public were considered.
According to Forbes, "the list is comprised of those players garnering the most votes from people claiming a view of them as 'dislike,' 'dislike somewhat,' or 'dislike a lot.'"
The top 10 is as follows:
1. Kris Humphries, New Jersey Nets (50% dislike)
2. LeBron James, Miami Heat (48% dislike)
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (45% dislike)
4. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs (37% dislike)
5. Metta World Peace, Los Angeles Lakers (formerly Ron Artest) (36% dislike)
6. Chris Bosh, Miami Heat (34% dislike)
7. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks (27% dislike)
8. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics (25% dislike)
9. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat (23% dislike)
10. Lamar Odom, Dallas Mavericks (21% dislike)