MANILA, Philippines – A traffic advisory has been issued for Makati City related to the 10.10.10 Run for the Pasig River event on Sunday.
As early as Saturday, 5 p.m., the lanes of Ayala Avenue adjacent to Manila Peninsula Hotel shall be closed. Motorists from EDSA are advised to take Arnaiz Avenue.
On Sunday, from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m., the following roads shall be closed:
- · Ayala Avenue from EDSA to Paseo de Roxas
- · Paseo de Roxas from Ayala Avenue to Mandarin Hotel
- · Makati Avenue fro Mandarin Hotel to Buendia
Motorists from EDSA are advised to take Jupiter or Arnaiz Avenue.
Race organizers have also issued the following reminders for the runners participating in the event:
- · All race categories (3K, 5K and 10K) will start simultaneously at 5:30 a.m. Organizers are requesting participants to assemble 1 or 2 hours before the gun start. The pre-race program will start at 5:10 a.m.
- · Big groups have been arranged according to cluster numbers. Participants are advised to follow the cluster number provided in their delivery receipt to facilitate a smooth assembly during the run. All participants should gather or meet up according to their assigned cluster number.
- · Baggage counters will be available on site for all starting points of the run. Runners, however, are strongly advised to bring only what is necessary.
- · All participants are also advised to wear their race bibs throughout the event. Only those with official bibs will be allowed to enter the staging and converging areas. The bibs will also serve as free access passes to shuttle services, parking and baggage deposit.
- · The post-race program will start at 6:45 a.m. to welcome early finishers. Big groups are reminded to proceed to their respective converging areas based on their respective cluster numbers.