Floyd remains firm on drug test, PPV split

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 30 2012 05:31 PM | Updated as of Aug 31 2012 01:31 AM

MANILA, Philippines – Unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has not changed his position on his demands for a potential mega-fight against fellow pound-for-pound king, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao of the Philippines.

Mayweather, who got out of jail early August, spoke with radio station Hot97 FM and revealed that he has not softened his stance at all.

He is still demanding that Pacquiao undergo random blood and urine testing, which was one of the primary issues impacting the negotiations.

“I’m gonna do random blood and urine testing, you know, just so I can be in a clean sport,” Mayweather said, as quoted by Fight Hype.

“I can’t really say why he (Pacquiao) won’t do the random blood and urine tests. At this particular time, I don’t know if he wants to do it or not,” he added.

Pacquiao has gone on record last year saying he has already agreed to Mayweather’s demand for random drug tests.

Mayweather is also still refusing to give Pacquiao an equal share of the pay-per-view revenue.

“We don’t do the same type of numbers, so how can we split? We don’t draw the same type of money,” he said.

Pacquiao and Mayweather are the two biggest box-office draws in boxing, although Mayweather and his supporters have steadfastly maintained that the American is the bigger draw.

The issue of the revenue split was the primary reason that the camps’ negotiations earlier this year fell apart.

Mayweather has not made any announcement regarding when he will return to the ring, although it is unlikely that he will fight again this year.

“If I do fight again, I’ll fight whoever they put in front of me,” he said.

The American star outpointed Miguel Cotto in an exciting, competitive fight last May 5 before going to jail in June for domestic violence.