BERLIN - Undisputed heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko will defend his IBF, WBA and WBO belts against Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev on November 15, the Ukrainian said Wednesday.
Klitschko had to pull out of the original September 6 date due to an injured bicep.
But now the eagerly-awaited clash will take place in Hamburg a couple of months later.
"I'm glad to announce November 15th for the new date of my fight against Kubrat Pulev in Hamburg.
"I hope to recover from my injury quickly to get back into training in a couple of weeks. Thanks a lot for your support. I'll keep you updated," said the 38-year-old, who has reigned for eight years.
Klitschko has 62 wins, with 52 knock-outs, from his 65 fights and was last beaten 10 years ago.
This will be his 26th world title fight having previously held the WBO title for two and a half years after beating American Chris Byrd by unanimous decision in October 2000 before losing the belt by second round technical knock-out (TKO) to South African Corrie Sanders in March 2003.
Klitschko claimed the IBF title, again off Byrd, by seventh round TKO in April 2006.
He added the WBO title by beating Russian Sultan Ibragimov by unanimous decision in February 2008 and then took the WBA crown off Britain's David Haye in July 2011, again by a unanimous decision.
The 1996 Atlanta Olympic super-heavyweight champion is on a 20-fight win streak.
Former world amateur bronze medallist Pulev is unbeaten in his 20-fight professional career that began in 2009.
He earnt the right to face Klitschko with an 11th round knock-out of Belarussian Alexander Ustinov in an IBF eliminator two years ago.
The only heavyweight title not held by Klitschko is the WBC belt in the hands of Haitian-born Canadian Bermane Stiverne, who won the vacant title left by the retirement of Vitali Klitschko, the older brother of the Ukrainian boxers, now embarking on a career in politics.
© 1994-2014 Agence France-Presse