Pacquiao's Nov. 10 fight date moved: report


Posted at Aug 22 2012 12:56 PM | Updated as of Aug 23 2012 01:23 AM

Koncz: Pacquiao will fight on Dec. 1

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao's next bout may not happen on November 10 after all, with reports circulating that the fighting congressman’s ring return has been moved to a later date.

PhilBoxing's Rich Mazon cites "numerous sources close to the Pacquiao camp" that the Pacman's next fight will happen in December. 

"December 1st, to be exact," a "very reliable source" told Mazon.

Top Rank Promotions has reserved the MGM Grand Garden Arena as the venue of Pacquiao's next bout, with the company e-mailing Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) director Keith Kizer about the event. 

"Top Rank requests the date of November 10th, 2012 for a Pacquiao event at the MGM Grand on HBO PPV vs TBA," according to a Top Rank e-mail obtained by RingTV last week.

Top Rank chief executive Bob Arum was in town earlier this month to discuss Pacquiao’s next bout with the Filipino, but they have not announced who they have chosen as the boxer’s next opponent.

Pacquiao is reportedly choosing among rematches against Timothy Bradley Jr., Juan Manuel Marquez and Miguel Cotto.

No reasons were given regarding the change of the fight date.

According to a separate report from Ronnie Nathanielsz, however, Pacquiao may be skipping the November fight date in order to "concentrate on reaching an agreement with Floyd Mayweather Jr. for a mega-buck showdown next April." 

The unbeaten Mayweather was released from jail earlier this month and said he hopes to one day make the fight against Pacquiao.