LAS VEGAS, Nevada -- The World Boxing Organization (WBO) has assigned five judges to look into the scoring in the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley match.
According to LA Times, the judges come from different parts of North America and Puerto Rico. Their findings will be submitted to the WBO behind closed doors.
WBO President Paco Valcarel said he will propose to the Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) in July that they request judges outside of Nevada, especially for world title bouts.
Valcarcel previously submitted the names of 20 possible judges to the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) but none of them were chosen.
"We're asking the ABC to make recommendations how a sanctioning body like ours can work better with a state commission, to use this experience to have better scoring in the future," Valcarcel said.
He admitted the organization will not take the WBO championship belt from Bradley since the undefeated American was not at fault.
“This wasn't Bradley's fault, and we're not saying there was any evidence of fraud or corruption here," Valcarcel said.
"That's outside the scope of what we're doing."
The NSAC said the WBO has the right to conduct its own investigation but adds it will not affect their agency.
"WBO can do whatever they want to do. They're a sanctioning organization. They can do whatever they want to do, they can investigate...but we, it's a closed issue to us," said NSAC Commissioner Bill Brady.
"Those rules and regulations do not impact in what we do," added NSAC Commissioner Pat Lundval.
Meantime, Top Rank Inc. confirmed that the November 10 rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley has not yet been set.
Top Rank CEO Bob Arum said he still has to consult with Pacquiao on what he wants before any negotiations take place.
But there is another exciting fight happening this July 7th as Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire faces Jeffrey Methabula of South Africa.
The winner of the unification bout will walk away with both the WBO and IBF super bantamweight championships.