Diaz willing to fight Anderson at right price

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jun 05 2014 07:57 PM | Updated as of Jun 06 2014 03:57 AM

Former UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz welcomed the possibility of fighting future hall-of-famer Anderson Silva in early 2015.

Ariel Helwani reported in UFC’s Inside the Octagon that Diaz has been asking for the fight for years.

“Remember, Nick Diaz has been talking about this fight for many, many years. When he retired last year he said the only two fights he'll come back for were Georges St-Pierre or Anderson Silva,” said Helwani.

Diaz hasn’t fought since 2013 after losing a decision to then UFC welterweight champion St-Pierre.

The American fighter, however, said he would only fight Silva, the former UFC middleweight champion, for the right price.

“He said it would have to make financial sense. He thinks it could be one of the biggest fights in UFC history,” reported Helwani.

Silva’s camp floated Diaz’s name as a possible opponent for the injured Brazilian superstar, who is set to return to the Octagon in early 2015.