MANILA – The Department of Health (DOH) said it has so far recorded 21 firecracker-related injuries as of 6 a.m. on Tuesday.
DOH Assistant Secretary Eric Tayag said 12 of the injuries were caused by the banned firecracker piccolo.
Health Secretary Enrique Ona earlier said most firecracker-related injuries last year were caused by thepiccolo.
Last year, the DOH recorded 931 injuries: 904 were due to fireworks, 25 from stray bullet and 2 from firecracker ingestion.
Most injuries were caused by piccolo (236), followed by unknown firecrackers (143), kwitis (128), five star (55) and pla-pla (42).