MANILA - Justice Secretary Leila de Lima on Thursday rejected Sen. Jinggoy Estrada's assertion that the justice department is singling out opposition lawmakers in its investigation on the pork barrel scam.
"I respectfully disagree with the contention of the honorable Senator Estrada that what we have is selective justice. How can we have selective justice when we are proceeding essentially, basically, fundamentally and principally on evidence that we are gathering and we have emphasized that the cases filed so far are just the first batch of these cases," she said in the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing.
She said the Department of Justice will file more cases against government officials linked to the pork barrel scam as well as those involved in the misuse of the Malampaya Funds.
She said the cases against officials linked to the Malampaya funds will be filed next week.
Estrada, one of 3 senators recommended for plunder charges by the Department of Justice (DOJ), allegedly received millions of pesos in kickbacks from Napoles-linked NGOs.
ANC, September 26, 2013