MANILA— The Philippines has formally lifted its deployment ban of Filipino workers to Kuwait, Labor Chief Silvestre Bello III said Thursday.
Bello said he has signed the order for the total lifting of the deployment ban.
The order is based on President Rodrigo Duterte's instruction to allow Filipinos to work in Kuwait again, added Bello.
Earlier this week, the Philippines implemented the lifting of the deployment ban of skilled and semi-skilled workers after the two countries forged a deal to protect Filipino migrant workers in the Gulf state.
In February, Manila ordered a total ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait, following instructions from Duterte.
The move came after a string of reported deaths and abuses on Filipino workers in Kuwait, including Joanna Demafelis, whose body was found in a freezer.
Malacañang last Saturday said the relationship of the two nations has returned to normal after a diplomatic row over the treatment of Filipino workers.
With reports from Michael Delizo, ABS-CBN News