Aquino, Garin face complaints over Dengvaxia mess

Adrian Ayalin, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 15 2017 11:46 AM | Updated as of Dec 22 2017 03:49 PM

Watch more in iWantv or TFC.tv

MANILA - Former Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Director General Augusto Syjuco on Friday filed mass murder and plunder complaints against former President Benigno Aquino III and former Health Secretary Janette Garin for approving a P3.4 billion dengue vaccination program. 

Syjuco blamed the two former officials for the Dengvaxia mess based on a compilation of news articles.

"I am asking the Ombudsman to investigate, that is the purpose of the Ombudsman," he said. 

While he is complaining of mass murder, Syjuco cited the death of a boy in Bataan last year who was vaccinated but supposedly died due to a congenital disease.

"There is only one death so far but one death is one death too many," he said.

The former TESDA chief also claimed that Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales has been selective in prosecuting government officials but he is still hoping his complaint against Aquino and Garin will prosper.

Syjuco even likened the Dengvaxia case to the Mamasapano tragedy.

"It is basically a duplicate, a mirror inage of what mamasapano was," Syjuco said.