Palace: Duterte doing fine after migraine attack

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Nov 13 2016 10:34 AM

President Rodrigo Duterte. Erik de Castro, Reuters

MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte is doing "fine" after migraine forced him to miss an interview with TV host-actress Kris Aquino, presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella confirmed Sunday.

Communications Secretary Martin Andanar added the President needs to rest as his health may have been affected by his busy schedule.

"The long hours and endless trips must be taking their toll on the president. Like any human being the president needs to take a rest," Andanar said in a text message.

Duterte on Friday said he missed the Town Hall Session of the MSME Summit hosted by Aquino due to migraine.

Duterte's interview with Aquino had been widely promoted and advertised.

"Minsan ang mga first date hindi natutuloy. President Duterte pinaghandaan kita, nag-dyeta ako ng dalawang linggo," Aquino of the event.

(Sometimes, first dates do not push through. President Duterte, I prepared for you and went on diet for two weeks.)

Aquino said she does not know why she was "snubbed", but she still hopes that her cancelled meeting with will still push through in the future.

"I apologize again that the date hindi natuloy (did not push through). I was stood up. But I assume the next time... sisipot na siya (he will attend)."