MANILA—Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. on Tuesday said “no stone will be left unturned” in the investigation into the seizure of P10 million worth of shabu in a condominium unit near Malacañang.
Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) agents arrested Diane Yu Uy after the shabu haul was found allegedly in her condominium unit near Malacañang Palace on Monday.
Hours earlier, drugs worth P2 million was seized at the Correctional Institute for Women (CIW), where her mother, Yu Yuk Lai, is detained.
“We recognize that this is alarming that drugs were seized from a house very near Malacañang, and I assure you it will be investigated fully and that the perpetrators will be brought to justice,” Roque said in a news briefing.
According to the PDEA, Uy had allegedly enjoyed VIP police security before her arrest. Her alleged security detail was identified as PO3 Walter Vidal of the Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG). Vidal is a former Special Action Force commando.
PDEA chief Aaron Aquino, a former police official himself, said he has asked PSPG to investigate how Vidal was assigned to guard Uy.
Aquino said Uy allegedly supplied drugs to the CIW. Surveillance clips showed her avoiding being frisked by delivering sacks of rice that allegedly contained shabu through the facility's back door.
Uy is suspected of sourcing narcotics from 3 convicted drug lords at the New Bilibid Prison, Aquino added. Her cellphone allegedly yielded text messages about orders of shabu.
Yuk Lai’s "kubol", meanwhile, yielded panty liners stuffed with shabu.
The 72-year-old inmate has allegedly been shouldering the correctional facility's P1-million monthly power bill, added Aquino.
He said Yuk Lai previously made headlines when she was caught visiting a casino 2 years after her conviction.
Aquino said PDEA would file new cases against Yuk Lai, whom he previously described as the country's "biggest drug queen."