MAGUINDANAO - Three members of the 33rd Infantry Battalion were shot and wounded by suspected members of the Mayogantong Bansil Group in Gen. Salipad K Pendatun, Maguindanao on Thursday.
Personnel from the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (CIDG-ARMM) and from the 33rd Infantry Battalion, along with local police, were about to serve a warrant of arrest when they were fired upon by the suspects.
The warrant, issued by Judge Milanio M Guerrero of Branch 20 RTC 12th Judicial Region in Tacurong City, was for three counts of murder and arson. It was dated February 12, 2013, but authorities were only able to locate the suspects recently.
The wounded soldiers were identified as Sgt. Aurelio Ferrer, Corporal Marcial Duri and PFC Denemar Albani.
They are now in a stable condition.
Based on the intelligence report, two members of Mayogantong Bansil group were killed in action. They were Faisal Mayogantong Bansil and a certain alias Duri.
Another member, Ryan Mayogantong Bansil, was arrested.
Also recovered from the operation were the following:
- One (1) HM BARRET (50 Cal)
- One (1) Garand with SN 3262150
- One M16 Rifle with SN RP199754
- One (1) Homemade Rifle Grenade Launcher
- One (1) Round RPG
- Three (3) Rounds Rifle Grenade
- Seventy five (75) rnds ammos for 5.56
- Thirty two (32) rounds ammo for M1 Garand
- Four (4) pcs long plastic mag for M16 Rifle
- One (1) clip eight (8) rds live ammo for M14 Rifle.
Bansil and the recovered items were brought to CIDG-ARMM for documentation and proper disposal.