About 100 students from Sta. Lucia High School in Novaliches were rushed to different hospitals after experiencing symptoms of food poisoning on Friday.
Students said they experienced stomachache and headache, and vomited after buying fruit shake from the school canteen, which they said tasted bitter and like soap.
At about 1 p.m. students began to go to the school clinic.
About 80 Grade 8 and Grade 9 students were brought to the Novaliches District Hospital and Bernardino General Hospital at 9 p.m.
Joseph Cadeño, father of one of the ill students, said his child was weak when he picked him up at school.
"Bigla na lang bumubula iyong bibig niya tapos nahihilo, sumusuka na siya dahil daw sa shake. Tapos ngayon dinala ko iyong anak ko sa eskwela nila tapos ngayon nahihilo na iyong anak ko pinatakbo ko na sa ospital," he said.
"Nananawagan po ako sa principal, sa Sta. Lucia High School na humingi sana kami ng kaunting tulong para sa anak ko."
At the time this story was posted, some of the students have already gone home.
School officials have yet to release a statement on the incident.
--Report from Raya Capulong, DZMM