NBI to conduct separate probe on Bulacan massacre

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 03 2017 11:25 AM

MANILA - The Justice Department has ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to conduct a separate probe in the killing of 5 family members in San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan.

Carmelino Ibañez, a suspect in the killing of Estrella Carlos; her kids aged 1, 5 and 11; and his mother-in-law, Auring has already surrendered to the police last week.

On media interviews, the suspect initially admitted that he raped Estrella and Auring while he was high on drugs, but later on flip-flopped on his official statement.

Ibañez also named an alias Tony and an alias Inggo as his cohorts in the massacre. The suspect said he and his cohorts took P150 worth of shabu during a drinking spree before the murders.

Police said Tony has already surfaced but is not yet under arrest because the evidence against him is still weak. Authorities, meanwhile, continue to look for Inggo.--with report from Ina Reformina, ABS-CBN News