MANILA - The husband of the late Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago has been appointed to a post under the Duterte administration.
President Rodrigo Duterte appointed Atty. Narciso "Jun" Santiago Jr., former interior and local government undersecretary and ex-customs official, as Presidential Adviser for Revenue Enhancement on Monday.
As the Presidential Adviser on Revenue Enhancement, Santiago shall be Duterte's authorized representative and also serve as Chairman of the Committee for Accreditation of Cargo Surveying Companies (CACSC).
The CACSC is tasked and authorized to grant and approve the accreditation of cargo surveying companies/surveyors and periodically review the performance thereof.
Apart from Santiago, also appointed were:
- Louis P. Acosta, Court of Appeals Associate Justice
- J. Paolo Villa-Agustin Santos, MTRCB board member
- Kennedy Trinidad Costales, Exec Director III, Philippine Fiber Industry Development Authority, Dept. of Agriculture
- Hermilando Mandanas, chair, Regional Development Council, Region 4-A, NEDA
- Juan Carlo Singson Medina, Chair, Regional Development Council, Region 1, NEDA
- Junie Cua, chair, Regional Development Council, Region 2
- Bernardita Leonido Catalla, Ambassador to Lebanon