MANILA – The Office of the Ombudsman has dismissed from public service the deputy chief of staff of former Senator Jinggoy Estrada and 13 others in connection with the pork barrel scam.
The Ombudsman said Pauline Therese Mary Labayen, the deputy chief of staff of the former senator, and 13 other individuals were dismissed after being found guilty of grave misconduct, conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service, and dishonesty.
Also ordered dismissed were the following:
- Antonio Ortiz (Director General, Technology Resource Center or TRC)
- Gondelina Amata (President, National Livelihood Development Corporation or NLDC)
- Victor Roman Cacal (Paralegal, National Agribusiness Corporation or NABCOR),
- Maria Niñez Guañizo (OIC-Accounting Division, NABCOR)
- Romulo Relevo (General Services Unit head)
- Ma. Julie Villaralvo-Johnson (Chief Accountant, NABCOR)
- Rhodora Mendoza (Director, Financial Management Services, NABCOR)
- Dennis Cunanan (Director General, TRC)
- Evelyn Sucgang (Director Accounts Management and Development, NLDC)
- Chita Jalandoni (Department Manager III, NLDC)
- Emmanuel Alexis Sevidal (Director IV, NLDC)
- Marivic Jover (Chief Accountant, TRC)
- Sofia Cruz (Project Development Assistant IV, NLDC)
Labayen and the other respondents are also being tried before the Sandiganbayan for their involvement in the alleged misuse of Estrada’s pork barrel funds from 2007 to 2009.
The Ombudsman earlier indicted Estrada for plunder and graft after it was found that P278 million of his pork barrel funds was coursed through bogus non-government organizations (NGOs) controlled by Janet Lim Napoles.
Estrada allegedly got P183.79 million in pork barrel kickbacks.