Trillanes claim vs Duterte a 'rehash,' says Malacanang

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Feb 16 2017 10:53 AM

MANILA - Malacañang on Thursday brushed aside Senator Antonio Trillanes' bid to revive allegations President Rodrigo Duterte kept secret bank accounts when he was Davao City mayor.

Trillanes renewed his challenge for Duterte to prove him wrong by baring his bank transaction history. The senator alleged during the presidential campaign last year that Duterte made P2.407 billion in bank transactions until 2015.

Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella, in an interview on ANC, dismissed Trillanes' statement as a "rehash."

"If he thinks he has something else, then he should reach out to the proper authorities. As far as the Palace is concerned, it has already been addressed," he added.

Presidential chief legal counsel Salvador Panelo said the Bank of the Philippines had disputed the bank accounts Trillanes was referring to.

Duterte had also reprimanded the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) for failing to investigate Trillanes' claims, Panelo said.