Abu Sayyaf releases 2 Indonesian kidnap victims

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jan 20 2018 01:54 PM | Updated as of Jan 20 2018 03:51 PM

MANILA (UPDATE) - Two Indonesians held captive by the bandit Abu Sayyaf group were released Friday night, the military said Saturday. 

The military said former Sulu Governor Abdusakur Tan Sr. reported to Joint Task Force Sulu that Indonesian captives La Utu bin La Raali and La Hadi La Edi had been brought to his house is Barangay Asturias, Jolo by a concerned citizen. 

JTF Sulu then fetched the two kidnap victims. 

Initial information gathered by authorities showed that the two were held hostage for more than a year, as they were taken in Malaysian waters on November 4, 2016. 

Details on the release remain unclear. 

Senior Supt. Mario Buyuccan, Sulu's provincial police director, said the victims have undergone medical examination and are undergoing custodial debriefing. 

More details to follow.