The Office of the Vice President (OVP) confirmed Wednesday that Vice President Leni Robredo's invitation to the Vin d'honneur was "retracted" by Palace officials last week.
The Vin d'Honneur is a bi-annual gathering of top government officials and diplomats in the Philippines held at the Malacañang Palace days after New Year's day, and during Independence Day.
"Our Office received an invitation to the Vin d'Honneur via email last December 28," OVP spokesperson Georgina Hernandez said in a statement.
"On January 4, Malacañang called the Office to retract the invitation, stating that the guest list was limited," she added.
Palace officials said there was no intention to "snub" Robredo.
"It is the prerogative of the Palace to invite those who they feel is needed to be there," Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said.
"She also has her own participation in public service," Abella added.
Relations between the President and the Vice President soured in December in the aftermath of the burial of the Ferdinand Marcos in the Libingan ng mga Bayani, which Robredo opposed.
Robredo tendered her resignation as Housing Secretary after receiving a text message from Cabinet Secretary Jun Evasco, Jr. "to desist from attending all Cabinet meetings".
Duterte earlier said he had no choice but to ask Robredo to stop attending Cabinet meetings because he cannot bear to face someone who, he believes, supports his ouster.
Palace officials have been investigating the alleged "LeniLeaks" controversy, a supposed plot by supporters of Robredo to discredit and eventually unseat the president.