MANILA (UPDATE) – Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday posted bail for the libel case filed against him by against him by dismissed Makati Mayor Junjun Binay.

After posting a P10,000 bail for the libel charges, Trillanes, who was in the United States when the arrest warrant for him was issued, said he is not backing down against Binay and his father, Vice President Jejomar Binay.

''Ito yung mga tactics niya, kung paano niya gamitin ang impluwensya niya at kapangyarihan niya para sindakin ang mga kalaban niya sa pulitika. Hindi pa yan presidente. Kapag naging presidente 'yan lalo na niyang gagamitin ang opisina niya para ipitin ang mga kalaban niya,'' Trillanes told reporters at the Makati Regional Trial Court.

''Hindi ko siya aatrasan. In fact lalo akong ginaganahan na masigurado na hindi na makakahawak ng pwesto ang mga Binay.''

Trillanes said the libel case filed against him was only meant to harass him. He said the libel case is nothing compared to the charges being lodged against the older Binay and his alleged cohorts.

The younger Binay filed the libel complaint against the senator last year following Trillanes' allegations that Court of Appeals (CA) Associate Justices Jose Reyes and Francisco Acosta received P25-million each in exchange for a temporary restraining order (TRO) and writ of preliminary injunction their division issued on Binay's first suspension order by the Ombudsman over the allegedly anomalous Makati City Hall Building 2.

READ: Junjun Binay's camp blasts transfer of libel case vs Trillanes