35 Cebu Pac flights cancelled due to 'Quinta'
MANILA, Philippines – Cebu Pacific on Wednesday cancelled 35 domestic flights due to the bad weather brought about by tropical depression "Quinta".
Cebu Pacific said the following flights were cancelled:
- 5J 323/324 - Manila-Legaspi-Manila
- 5J 132/133 - Cebu-Caticlan-Cebu
- 5J 134/135 - Cebu-Caticlan-Cebu
- 5J 901/902 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 913/914 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 899/900 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 909/910 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 905/906 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 911/912 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 136/137 - Cebu-Caticlan-Cebu
- 5J 821/822 - Manila-Virac-Manila
- 5J 373/374 - Manila-Roxas-Manila
- 5J 877/878 - Cebu-Siargao-Cebu
- 5J 919/920 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 907/908 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 893/894 - Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 892 - Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 504/505 - Manila-Tuguegarao-Manila
Zest Air earlier cancelled flights Z2 320/321 (Manila-Tacloban-Manila) and Z2 260/261 (Manila-Masbate-Manila) for the same reason.
Quinta (international codename: Wukong) was downgraded to a tropical depression before noon Wednesday after making landfall in several parts of Visayas since Tuesday evening.
PAGASA said as of 10 a.m., Quinta was spotted in the vicinity of Roxas City, Capiz, and was heading towards Western Visayas.
The weather bureau said with Quinta's current speed and direction, it will be out of the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by Friday morning.
The tropical depression was packing maximum sustained winds of 55 kph. It picked up speed, now moving west at 24 kph.
Public storm warning signal number 2 has been lifted in all areas. However, signal no. 1, remains hoisted over Mindoro Provinces, Romblon, Masbate, Burias Island, Northern Palawan, Calamian Group of Islands and Marinduque.