MANILA, Philippines – A fire hit a residential area in Barangay Silangan, Talaba Siyete in Bacoor, Cavite Wednesday evening, destroying nearly 100 houses.
The fire, which reached the third alarm, quickly spread because the houses were made of light materials.
Authorities said the fire was caused by an unattended candle left inside one of the burned houses.
Some residents are blaming firefighters, saying they could have stopped the fire had they arrived earlier.
"May mga dumating dito pero walang lamang tubig... Hindi sana nasunog yung mga bahay namin," resident Mary Anne Delantar said.
The incident left around 200 families homeless, who were also not able to save anything from the fire. – from a report by Jerome Lantin, ABS-CBN News