Man killed while fixing Christmas lights


Posted at Nov 07 2012 09:11 PM | Updated as of Nov 08 2012 05:11 AM

MANILA, Philippines – A man was electrocuted while hanging Christmas lights in his home in Barangay Bayabat in Amulung, Cagayan.

The fatality, identified as Councilor Juan Tabisaura Jr., 27, was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police investigation showed that the victim accidentally touched a live wire while setting up Christmas lights inside his home.

Authorities, meanwhile, remind the public to ask assistance from electricians when fixing Christmas lights.

Police also said people should make sure their Christmas lights are not substandard.

The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said retailers who sell substandard Christmas lights may face charges for violation of fair trade laws. -- Report from Hanna Salatan, ABS-CBN News Nueva Vizcaya