MANILA, Philippines (UPDATE) – Fourteen domestic flights have been cancelled due to bad weather brought by typhoon "Lawin", the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) said on Monday.
The MIAA said the following flights were cancelled, as of 11 a.m.:
NAIA Terminal 3
- 2P 091 Manila – Calbayog (0515H)
- 2P 092 Calbayog – Manila (0805H)
- 2P 029 Manila – Catarman (0525H)
- 2P 030 Catarman – Manila (0820H)
- 2P 021 Manila – Masbate (0505H)
- 2P 022 Masbate – Manila (0755H)
- 5J 625 Manila – Dumaguete (0710H)
- 5J 626 Dumaguete – Manila (1010H)
- 5J 627 Manila – Dumaguete (1045H)
- 5J 628 Dumaguete – Manila (1345H)
- 5J 887 Manila – Cotabato (1045H)
- 5J 888 Cotabato – Manila (1435H)
NAIA Terminal 4
- Z2 260 Manila – Masbate (0505H)
- Z2 261 Masbate – Manila (0830H)
Weather bureau PAGASA has lifted all storm warning signals even as Lawin intensified over the Philippine sea.
PAGASA said Lawin was spotted 405 kilometers east of Virac, Catanduanes at 10 a.m. It maintained its nort-northwest direction and speed of 7 kph.
The typhoon has gained strength, now packing maximum sustained winds fo 185 kilometers per hour (kph) near the center and gustiness of up to 220 kph.
Speaking to radio dzMM, PAGASA forecaster Connie Rose Dadivas said if the typhoon maintains its speed and direction, it will exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Saturday morning.
Dadivas said southern Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao will continue to experience rains brought by the typhoon and the enhanced southwest monsoon (habagat).