MANILA, Philippines - A magnitude-5.4 earthquake jolted Hinundayan in Southern Leyte Friday morning and affected several areas in the Visayas, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said.
Phivolcs said the quake was recorded at 7:57 a.m. The tremor was tectonic in origin and had a depth of six kilometers.
The Philippine Fault Zone Leyte Segment was identified as the source of the quake.
The following intensities were reported in the following areas:
- Intensity VI (very strong) - Hinunangan and St. Bernard, Southern Leyte
- Intensity IV - Tacloban City
- Intensity III - Palo, Leyte
- Intensity II - Cebu City, Talisay City, Surigao City
- Intensity I - Lapu Lapu City