MANILA, Philippines - A magnitude-5.4 earthquake damaged houses and a school in Hinundayan town in Southern Leyte Friday morning.
Pictures taken by ABS-CBN Correspondent Ranulfo Docdocan showed the damage left behind by the quake in Barangay Plaridel.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) earlier said the quake was recorded at 7:57 a.m. and was tectonic in origin.
The Philippine Fault Zone Leyte Segment was identified as the source of the quake.
The following intensities were reported in the following areas:
- Intensity VI (very strong) - Hinunangan and St. Bernard, Southern Leyte
- Intensity IV - Tacloban City
- Intensity III - Palo, Leyte
- Intensity II - Cebu City, Talisay City, Surigao City
- Intensity I - Lapu Lapu City