Food poisoning downs 142 people in South Cotabato
MANILA - At least 142 people were hospitalized in South Cotabato on Friday due to suspected food poisoning.
Of the total, 77 were children. They were brought to the South Cotabato Provincial Hospital.
The victims complained of dizziness, headache, and stomachache after eating at the general assembly of the B'laan Foundation in Barangay Tablu, Tampakan.
They said they ate eggs, chicken adobo, and rice wrapped in banana leaves.
Authorities are now investigating the caterer at the general assembly.
This is the first time the caterer encountered such incident in its seven years of service to the B'laan Foundation.