Fire hits store inside SM Dasmariñas

By Arnell Ozaeta, ABS-CBN News Southern Luzon

Posted at May 28 2013 10:52 AM | Updated as of May 29 2013 09:34 PM

CAVITE (2nd UPDATE) - Fire broke out inside a store in SM Market Mall in Barangay Burol 1, Dasmariñas City , Cavite Tuesday morning, fire officials said. 

Fire Officer 2 Elpidio Urbano, chief communication officer of Dasmariñas fire department, said the fire broke out at the CD-R King store on the ground level of the establishment at around 8:45 a.m.

He said firefighters had to use breathing apparatus to reach the store because of the smoke and zero visibility. 

The fire reached the third alarm and was placed under control at 10:07 a.m. 

Fire officials have yet to determine the origin of the fire and the total cost of damage incurred. 

An SM spokeswoman said the mall will resume full operations this afternoon. The fast food restaurants already opened around 1130 a.m.  With a report from Gretchen Malalad, ABS-CBN News