MANILA, Philippines -- Fire hit a residential area in Biñan, Laguna on Friday night.
Authorities said the fire, which started at around 9 p.m., razed over 100 homes.
The blaze reached the fourth alarm before it was declared out at 11:50 p.m.
Firefighters said the blaze immediately spread in the area since the houses were made of light materials.
Authorities said the fire started from a house where children were reportedly playing with a candle.
Over 200 families are now seeking shelter at evacuation centers in the area and at Ner Joaquin High School.