MANILA, Philippines -- A total of 12 new alternate routes or “Christmas Lanes” will be opened by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Wednesday to help ease traffic in major roads during the holiday season.
The new routes will lead to and from shopping centers in Makati City, Pasay, Quezon City, San Juan, Manila, and Marikina.
"We're hoping that these Christmas Lanes will help motorists plan their trips well and avoid traffic congestion," MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino said in a press statement.
Tolentino will launch the Christmas Lanes at the Edsa-West Avenue intersection in Quezon City at 7 am.
The new Christmas Lanes are the following:
- From Greenhills to Rockwell: Take Wilson Street, left at P. Guevarra, Luna Mencias, right at Araullo, left at Balagtas, right at Shaw Blvd., left at Acacia Lane, left at Fabella Road, right at M. Martinez Ave., Maysilo, right at Sgt. Bumatay, take Pantaleon Bridge to Rockwell.
- From Harrison to Rockwell: Take P. Ocampo, right at Arellano Ave., left at Zobel Roxas, right at Kamagong, left at Chino Roces Ave., right at Kalayaan Ave. to Rockwell.
- From SM North Edsa to Greenhills: Take West Ave., left at Examiner, right at Quezon Ave., take u-turn slot near Magbanua, take Scout Borromeo, right at Tomas Morato Ave., right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., left at Gilmore Ave., Granada, Ortigas Ave. to Greenhills.
- From SM Manila to Greenhills: Take San Marcelino, left at U.N. Ave., right at Pres. Quirino, right at Figueroa, left at Pedro Gil, New Panaderos, right at Shaw Blvd., left at A. Mabini, right at Wilson to Ortigas Greenhills.
- From SM San Lazaro to SM Mall of Asia: Take A.H. Lacson, Nagtahan, Pres. Quirino Ave., left at M. Adriatico Ave., Vito Cruz, straight to Park Ave., right to Buendia Ave., left to Macapagal Blvd. to Mall of Asia and vice-versa.
- From SM North Edsa to Araneta Center: along North Ave., right to Elliptical Road, right at Kalayaan, K-J Street, 15th Street, right at Aurora Blvd. to Araneta Center and vice-versa.
- From Dapitan Market to Divisoria: Take Dapitan St., right at A.H. Lacson, left at Tayuman, left to Dagupan to Divisoria.
- From Baclaran to Divisoria: Take Roxas Blvd., Anda Circle, right to A. Soriano Jr., Muralla, left to Magallanes Drive, left at Q. Paredes, Reina Regente to Divisoria Mall and vice-versa.
- From SM Sta. Mesa to SM North EDSA: Along Araneta Ave., right to Del Monte, left at Roosevelt, right at Baler, left at Miller Ave., right at Calumpit, left at Bansalangin, right at EDSA to SM North EDSA and vice-versa.
- From Trinoma to SM Marikina: Along North Ave., QMC, right at Kalayaan Ave., left at V. Luna, right at Anonas, left at Chico, Xavierville Ave., right at Katipunan, u-turn at Aurora Blvd., Marcos Highway to SM Marikina and vice-versa.
- From Eastwood to Ortigas Center: Take E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave., right to Green Meadows, right at Ortigas Ave., left at Lanuza, right to Doña J. Vargas to Ortigas Center and vice-versa.
- From Ortigas Center to Makati Business District: Take ADB Ave., San Migule Ave., left at Shaw Blvd., right at Pioneer, right at Reliance, left at Sheridan, right at Pioneer, pass Boni tunnel to Maysilo, right at San Francisco, left at Coronado, take Mandaluyong Bridge to Makati Business District and vice-versa.