MANILA, Philippines (UPDATE) - Several local government offices and schools suspended classes Tuesday due to floods triggered by heavy rains.
These are the areas and schools where classes have been suspended so far:
- Marikina (preschool to highschool; morning shift only; both private and public)
- Pasay City (preschool to high school; both private and public)
- Malabon (preschool to high school; both private and public)
- University of Santo Tomas (all levels, including office work)
- St. Paul University Quezon City (elementary only)
State weather bureau PAGASA said the rains experienced in Metro Manila are due to southwest monsoon (habagat) being enhanced by a tropical depression west of northern Luzon.
PAGASA said the tropical depression was still outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR), as of posting. The weather disturbance will be locally named "Marce" once it enters PAR.