MANILA, Philippines - Several areas in Metro Manila and nearby provinces were without electricity early Tuesday as Typhoon Pedring cut power and transmission lines.
Power distributor Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) has assured it would send personnel to restore power supply in the affected areas.
"Meralco is fully mobilized, our business centers are on full alert and our crews are responding to trouble situations. We are on top of the situation as we respond accordingly," Meralco spokesperson Joe Zaldarriaga said in a statement.
The areas in the Meralco franchise that were without power as of 10 a.m. included:
- a major portion of Alfonso, Tagaytay and Gen Aguinaldo in Cavite
- FB Harrison from Remedios to Pasay City Hall including CCP Complex
- the area bounded by Arellano, Vito Cruz and South Super Highway in San Andres Bukid
- CCP Complex and Vito Cruz
- Kayamanan C in Makati City, Villamor Airbase, Airmen's Village and Maricaban, Pasay City
- Batangas City and San Pascual
- Ayala Alabang Village, Filinvest Corporate City in Muntinlupa
- Dasmarinas Village, Makati City & Forbes Park
- Obando, Bulacan; Panghulo and Maysilo, Malabon
- San Rafael, San Roque in Pasay City
- Manila Harbor Center, Balut, Cocomo, Gagalangin in Tondo