S. Leyte retiree claims P150-M Lotto prize

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Sep 20 2012 12:38 PM | Updated as of Sep 20 2012 08:38 PM

MANILA, Philippines – A second winner has claimed half of the nearly P300 million jackpot prize for the September 12 Grand Lotto 6/55 draw, an official said on Thursday.

Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) General Manager Jose Ferdinand Rojas said the second winner, who claimed her prize yesterday, was a 66-year-old female retiree from Southern Leyte.

The woman split the jackpot prize of P299,897,496 with a tricycle driver from Bataan who was the first to claim his prize.

Rojas said like the driver, the second winner also used her family's birthdays as the number combination for the winning bet.

The winning combination for last week's draw was 25-52-26-05-49-17.

Rojas said the retiree is planning to give a portion of her winnings to the local church and a group of out-of-school youths. – with a report from Robert Mano, dzMM