MANILA, Philippines – Several classes in Metro Manila have been suspended due to inclement weather and heavy flooding.
The following schools suspended classes on Saturday:
• Assumption College (work and grad school suspended).
• Emilio Aguinaldo College – Manila
• Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila:
• National Teachers College Quiapo (all levels)
• Philippine College of Criminology
• Adamson University (all levels)
• De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde: (classes and office operations suspended)
• San Sebastian College of Law
• UE Manila & Caloocan: (All classes suspended except for the College of Law & the Graduate School)
• Lyceum Manila
• Miriam College - (work and classes in undergraduate, graduate, and Miriam Adult Education level suspended)
• Polytechnic University of the Philippines (classes and offices suspended in all PUP Metro Manila campuses)
• Holy Child Academy QC Novaliches
• De La Salle University (classes and office operations in Taft, Makati Extension, and Ortigas Extension campuses suspended
• Arellano University
• Letran Manila
• National University
• St. Scholastica College Manila
• FEU Manila and Makati
• University of Sto. Tomas
San Juan Mayor Guia Gomez also announced the suspension of classes in all levels in the city.
The state weather bureau on Saturday raised the Red Rainfall Warning Signal over Metro Manila.
On its Twitter account, PAGASA said heavy to intense rainfall was observed over Metro Manila for the past two hours.
"Expect intense to torrential rains over Metro Manila and most likely to continue for the next 2-3 hours," PAGASA said.
Residents living in high risk areas are advised to take precautionary measures, as severe flooding is expected over low-lying areas and those located near the river channels.