MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Friday released a list of roads that will be closed on Sunday due to the annual "Alay Lakad".
The MMDA said the following roads will be closed from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sunday, September 2:
- Northbound and southbound lanes of Roxas Blvd., from Anda Circle to Pres. Quirino;
- P. Burgos from Roxas Blvd. to Lagusnilad, eastbound and westbound;
- TM Kalaw from Roxas Blvd. to Taft Avenue, eastbound and westbound;
- Ayala corner Finance Road
Motorists may use the following alternative routes:
- Vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to use Roxas Boulevard's northbound lane shall turn right to P. Ocampo or Pres. Quirino, left Taft Avenue to point of destination.
- Public Utility Vehicles (PUV) travelling along A. Mabini Street may turn right P. Gil or go straight and turn right to U.N Avenue, left Taft Avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from the northern part of Manila intending to use Roxas Boulevard's southbound lane coming from Delpan Bridge-Pier Zone shall take A. Soriano, go straight Magallanes Drive, right P. Burgos, and then straight to Lagusnilad (Taft Avenue) to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from McArthur, Jones and Quezon bridges intending to use the southbound lane of Roxas Blvd. from P. Burgos may go straight to Lagusnilad (Taft Avenue) to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from McArthur, Jones and Quezon bridges intending to proceed to Intramuros area shall turn right to Victoria St. to point of destination.
Meanwhile, the MMDA said cargo trucks travelling along Osmeña Highway may turn right to Pres. Quirino Ave., straight ahead to Nagtahan, AH Lacson, Yuseco St., crossing Jose Abad Santos, straight Raxa Bago and Capulong, to point of destination.
All cargo trucks, vans and other heavy duty vehicles coming from Road-10 intending to cross Delpan Bridge shall be diverted to Capulong.
This year's Alay Lakad is themed "Bawat Hakbang ng Mamamayan, Kapakanan ng Kabataan".