MANILA, Philippines – Two persons died while two others were injured after an LPG-powered mini-stove exploded inside their house in Navotas.
The victims were identified as Reynaldo Bautista and his grandson, 11-month-old Prince Jacob.
Charice, Prince Jacob’s mother, said Reynaldo was fixing the mini-stove when it exploded.
Prince Jacob and Reynaldo were rushed to the hospital but eventually succumbed to their wounds.
“Naga-ayos ang biyenan ko ng superkalan, sumisingaw ang gasul kaya inaayos iya. Hindi namin alam na ganoon ang mangyayari. Kasi nakabukas ang LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) na malaki, para pong hinigop ang oxygen sumingaw po kaya biglang nag-apoy,” Charice said.
“Tinatawag lang niya (Prince Jacob) ako at dumadaing siya, umaaray siya sa sakit na nararamdaman niya. Parang gusto ko ako na lang ang nandoon, sa akin na lang sana nangyari iyan, ako na lang sana nasabugan,” she added.
Prince Jacob’s grandmother, Priscilla, and uncle, Percival, were also injured. They remain in critical condition at the East Avenue Medical Center after sustaining third degree burns.
Parts of the victims’ house were also damaged as a result of the explosion.
Fire officials warned households not to use mini-stoves on a permanent basis because they are prone to malfunction.- report from Raffy Santos, ABS-CBN News