MANILA, Philippines – A fire hit a portion of the Batasang Pambansa in Quezon City on Wednesday morning.
Initial information from the media bureau of the House of Representatives said the fire began at the 3rd floor of the south wing of the building.
The fire was allegedly caused by faulty electrical wiring and particularly affected the south wing’s elevator.
The fire was put out, as of posting.
An investigation into the incident has been launched.
The House of Representatives will be the venue of President Aquino’s State of the Nation Adress on July 23. – report from Jon Ibañez, dzMM