MANILA -- An elderly couple died after fire gutted their home along Odonel Street in Barangay Holy Spirit, Quezon City on Saturday morning.
Police said Severino Macabingkil, 78, and his wife Clara, 72, were found dead inside their room.
Their relative, only identified as Dalia, 25, was injured in the blaze. She was rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Initial report disclosed that the fire was caused by an unattended candle.
Authorities are still investigating the incident. -- Report from Dexter Ganibe, dzMM