MANILA, Philippines – Several portions of EDSA will be closed to motorists on Saturday, February 25, for the celebration of the 26th anniversary of the first People Power Revolution, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Thursday.
In its official Twitter account, the MMDA said the following areas will be closed to traffic:
- 4th and 5th lane of EDSA northbound from Corinthians Gate to Camp Aguinaldo Gate 4. (12:01 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- White Plains Westbound from Temple Drive towards EDSA. (4 a.m. to 11 a.m.)
- EDSA northbound from Ortigas to Santolan (5 a.m. to 11 a.m.)
- EDSA Ortigas northbound (12:01 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
Motorists were also advised of traffic build-up as the 4th and 5th lane of EDSA near the People Power Monument will be closed on Friday, February 24, from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. for rehearsals.
The MMDA advised motorists to use the following routes as alternatives:
- Ortigas flyover San Juan
- Ortigas EB to C5
- EDSA Kalayaan to C5
- Shaw Blvd EB to C5
- JP Rizal to Makati/Mandaluyong Bridge
- Shaw and Julia Vargas to C5
Meanwhile, the MMDA said heavy traffic is expected on February 28, Tuesday, due to an event by the Iglesia Ni Cristo at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila. The event is expected to draw at least 500,000 INC members, according to the MMDA.
The MMDA also warned motorists of a possible anti-motorcycle lane rally by riders along Commonwealth Avenue on February 29, Wednesday.