MANILA (UPDATED, as of 4:30 p.m.) - Public school classes in all levels in the City of Manila have been suspended Friday due to continuous rains.
At past 10 a.m., Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim ordered the suspension of classes from pre-school to college in all public schools.
Private schools are given the discretion to suspend classes.
Meanwhile, the Parañaque City local government has also ordered classes in all levels suspended for both public and private schools while in Quezon City and Pasay City, afternoon classes for elementary and high school students, both public and private, have been suspended.
Afternoon classes for elementary students in Taytay, Rizal in both public and private schools are cancelled. Public elementary and high school classes in Caloocan have been suspended.
Among the private schools that have canceled classes are:
- Adamson University
- Arellano University
- Claret School in Quezon City
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran Manila (elementary and high school)
- Lyceum of the Philippines University - Manila
- Manila Law College
- Philippine College of Criminology
- PUP Sta. Mesa
- San Beda College Manila
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos
- St. Paul University
- St. Scholastica’s College of Manila
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of the East (Manila and Caloocan campuses; elementary and high school)