MANILA, Philippines – Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim ordered the filing of charges against a Korean national who is alleged to be the one behind the “chop-chop” killing of a person and the attempted murder of two others in separate instances in the cities of Manila and Pasay.
Korean Kim Byunghuk was presented to Lim by Manila Youth Bureau director Jay dela Fuente, along with operatives of the Manila Police District (MPD), as well as the victims.
Lim reprimanded Kim for accusing the slain victim’s sister of lying – in a threatening manner -- during a press conference.
Before this incident, Lim already ordered dela Fuente to act on the complaint of a certain April Pactao, who sought the mayor’s help after Kim allegedly mauled her in his place for eight days.
The MPD then arrested Kim in his place where drugs and paraphernalia were recovered.
Upon learning of Kim’s arrest, another victim, who refused to be named, surfaced accusing the Korean also of mauling her nearly to death with the use of a baseball bat.
The unnamed victim and Pactao said they were mauled in the same manner and the Korean had been bragging about having killed six women in Korea and at least one in the Philippines.
Both said Kim had even told them in detail how he chopped the body parts of his latest victim, slit her neck and peeled the skin off her arms, while threatening that he would do the same to them.
This revelation then led to the murder case of a certain Camille April Manaclay, whose dismembered body part were found in Calamba, Laguna last April 1, 2011.
Tour guide Bernardo San Agustin also approached the police to say that Kim was with Manaclay before she was found dead.
According to Lim, San Agustin told him that he was the one who called a cab for Kim and Manaclay a day before the crime.
However, Kim, whose victims said had been bragging about his ties with a Korean mafia, denied all the charges pressed against him.