MANILA -- Motorists and commuters experienced heavy traffic on EDSA Friday due to road repairs and reblocking.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has scheduled the repairs and reblocking from Friday at 10 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. during weekends, for the rest of the year.
Heavy traffic was experienced at EDSA's southbound lane, which also affected the northbound lane.
Road repairs started in the following areas:
- Along EDSA between Santolan Flyover and Annapolis (2nd lane, southbound), Quezon City
- Along C.P. Garcia Avenue between E. Jacinto Street and Magiting Street (going University Avenue, 1st lane from sidewalk), Quezon City
- Along EDSA between Reliance Street and Shaw Boulevard (northbound), Mandaluyong City
- Along EDSA between Boni Avenue and Mayon Street (southbound), Mandaluyong City
- Along EDSA between Arellano Street and Don Ang Street (lane 1, northbound), Caloocan City
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes due to expected heavy traffic in these areas. -- Reports from Jing Castaneda, ABS-CBN News