PNP brings front line services to malls
MANILA -- In an attempt to bring their services closer to the people, the Philippine National Police (PNP) will start bringing their front line services to shopping malls in Metro Manila.
Among the services that will be offered in malls are the following:
- Gun licensing and registration
- Licensing and registration of security guards
- Issuance of motor vehicle clearance from the Highway Patrol Group
- Forensic laboratory services
- Issuance of permit to carry firearms
- Issuance of clearance from the Directorate of Intelligence
The PNP will also set up desks for people who have complaints or queries, as well as a desk for people who want to be part of the country's police force.
The program will be launched today in Trinoma Mall, Quezon City at 4:00 in the afternoon.
The program will also be launched in Ever Gotesco Mall on January 24, and in Farmer's Plaza on January 26.
Aside from providing easier access to their services, the program aims to eradicate fixers that prey on people who go to Camp Crame and other offices of PNP for their transactions.
The program is also part of the activities lined up for the 23rd anniversary celebration of PNP. -- report from Edwin Sevidal, dzMM