MANILA, Philippines – Don Mariano Transit Corporation is planning to appeal the decision of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) to cancel its franchise following the Skyway crash on December 16 that killed 21 people.
Its lawyer, Atty. Jayson Cantil, said they will file a motion for reconsideration before the LTFRB board.
Cantil said they will request that the cancellation of their franchise be limited only to the one involved in the accident last December 16.
LTFRB has decided to revoke and cancel all 7 of Don Mariano’s franchises, which involves a total of 78 bus units.
Don Mariano Transit had previously made an appeal for the LTFRB board to allow the operation of their other units, in order to be able to pay off their obligations to the victims.
So far, Don Mariano Transit already spent P6 million in hospital and burial assistance.
The victims said, however, that they have yet to receive a separate financial package.
Cantil said they are willing to add more to the P75,000 accident insurance per passenger and admitted to attempting to convince the families of the victims to give up legal actions against the company.