MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is resetting the raffle of ballots slots for the party-list elections from December 17 to January 4, 2012.
Commissioner Rene Sarmiento explained that the poll body needs more time to rule on the unresolved review of party-list accreditations for some groups.
Comelec Chairman Sixto Brillantes said the poll body agreed to include in the raffle the groups which they disqualified but were able to secure a status quo ante order from the Supreme Court.
Brillantes noted that earlier on in the purge of the party-list system, the poll body already delisted groups who failed to get 2% of the vote in the last 2 elections.
Previously, the poll chief said it will rule on 2 more party-list accreditations soon.