MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) has tapped 13 hospitals nationwide to treat prostate cancer patients at a package worth P100,000.
This covers the full cost of treatment and hospitalization, Philhealth president and chief executive Dr. Eduardo Banzon said.
The enlisted hospitals are the following:
- National Kidney and Transplant Institute
- Quirino Memorial Medical Center
- Philippine General Hospital
- Rizal Medical Center
- Ilocos Training and Regional Medical Center
- Cagayan Valley Medical Center
- Dr. Paulino J. Garcia Memorial Research and Medical Center
- Batangas Regional Hospital
- Bicol Medical Center
- Western Visayas Medical Center
- Northern Mindanao Medical Center
- Southern Philippines Medical Center
- Davao Regional Hospital
Banzon also said they are still seeking other public and private hospitals that are willing to treat low- and intermediate-risk patients at the packaged rate.
"We're now in talks with other public, as well as private hospitals, to see if they can be contracted to treat low- to intermediate-risk prostate cancer cases at the packaged rate," Banzon said.
Prostate cancer is the second most widespread cancer among Filipino men. – With ANC