MANILA, Philippines - Malacanang said it is not considering banning the film "Innocence of Muslims" in the Philippines despite the raging anti-American protests in the Middle East and other parts of Africa.
"There are neither precedent nor existing conditions that may prompt us to consider moving in that direction. We will remain alert and vigilant to ensure that similar threats to our security and peace are neutralized effectively,” Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said.
He reiterated, however, that the government will remain on alert to ensure that threats to peace and security are neutralized.
In an interview with radio dzRB on Sunday, deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the government is guaranteeing the safety of the US officials in the country.
She said there is now a stronger police presence outside the US embassy also following the attacks in Libya last week, which led to the death of the US ambassador there. – from ANC